|First appearance||S0E01: Past Transgressions|
|Last appearance||S0E02: Missio|
|Profession||Trainee Gladiator (House of Batiatus)|
|Relationships||Ashur (Friend, deceased)|
Dagan (Friend, deceased)
Ulpius (Doctore, deceased)
Crixus (Fellow Trainee, deceased)
|Status||Deceased (Killed by Ashur, on Batiatus' orders)|
|Actor/Actress||Steven A. Davis|
Indus is a slave bought along with the Syrians, Ashur and Dagan, as well as the Gaul, Crixus, during the rise of the gladiator Gannicus. One of the group of four surviving recruits after many others had died during the training. He appears exclusively in Spartacus: Gods of the Arena.
Indus is average height with a lean build to his frame. He has black hair and dark eyes with a light skin tone.
Indus is a friendly man but can also be critical. He gets along well with his fellow recruits and shows a sense of loyalty towards his friends and master.
Gods of the Arena
Indus is one of the recruits to the House of Batiatus along with Ashur and Dagan. They bear witness to the arrival of Crixus, who seems eager to be a gladiator though Indus downplays his enthusiasm but Ashur seems skeptical. The four of them would train and be ridiculed by the other gladiators because they did not receive the Mark of the Brotherhood yet.
As he and the others were training, he is bested by Dagan and gives the missio. While they were laughing and aiding one another, Batiatus, who is already in a foul mood, spotted this and in a rage, condemns Indus to the Mines for surrendering. Ulpius is visibly upset at this noting that, while Indus would not be champion, he is not without skill and worth.
He, along with Ashur and Dagan, would be sent by Batiatus to find and beat rival Lanista, Vettius, and in return they would be inducted into the brotherhood and spared fate in the mines. They manage to successfully do so, with Indus pleased he would be spared the terrible fate but he is stabbed in the neck by Ashur afterwards, as Vettius had seen his face and could recognize him as a slave of Batiatus. Ashur reluctantly slashed Indus' throat open on Batiatus' orders.
- The name "Indus" comes from the Sanskrit word "sindhu", meaning "river" which ultimately is the root of the words Hindu and India. The Indus River flows through Pakistan. Indus is also the name of a constellation in the southern sky (representing an Indian).
- The Actor, Steven A. Davis, can be seen as a background gladiator in the ludus, and also as the guard who takes Naevia in the end of Revelations, in Spartacus: Blood and Sand.
- As a Macedonian, Indus' name may be due to being descended from Macedonian soldiers who fought for Alexander the Great in India, with subsequent generations of his family naming sons after the Indus River.
- When Indus died at Ashur's hand, Ashur showed particular regret, perhaps indicating an actual friendship between them.
- He is also the first character, chronologically, to be killed by Ashur.
"You willingly present ass for fucking?"
—Indus to Crixus"
- Spartacus: Gods of the Arena Season 0; Episode 2